Access 2007 Multiple Control tip texts

AlexanderBB

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
My form view is set to continuous and I'd like a text box control tip text that could be unique for every record.

Is that possible ? Hopes !!!

I'm also wondedring is the delay before it shows is adjustable ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

I thought that sounded like one of Stephen Lebans examples. He has some great examples but most were design to work with Access 2003 and older. Some of the things his example help you do in the older version are now built into Access 2007 or later. There are still some example that do have cool functionality that still do not exist in Access. Unfortunately some need some work to convert to a accdb.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Yes I wish I had some of his expertise!
Did you make any further progress? I've spent the last couple of days trying to modify his routine
to output not just the row number, but also the column number (or name). Not succeeded yet.
I do have a small textbox overlaid on colums where comments are, and my thinking is the x.y. coordinates
could detect that and open/close a popup form showing them.

Upvote 0
HiTechCouch, I struck a snag... thought I could use the change event of his Me.txtCurrentRowDat
to open/close a popup form. But I cannot, the change event is not triggered. Can you suggest any way around that please ?

Upvote 0
What you are wanting to do is more difficult than even advanced VBA coding. That is probably why no one has figured out how to do it with the standard Access controls. If they hae they are not willing to share for free.

Did you also look at the is example that working in Access 2003 and older: ToolTip

With Aces 2007 and newer their were lots of changes to allow themes. This has really change they way we can interact with how things are display. Stuff that worked in Access 203 and prior just do not work in the newer versions.

I am still working on a way to do what you want. I think it would be a good thing for the users.

Upvote 0
A couple of us have been trying various things with Stephen Lebans code, but far from anything concrete, and from what you say, may never succeed.
Anything you come up with will be very much appreciated by all the folk in our group.
Haven't as yet looked at the 2003 ToolTip but will do as soon as I have 2003 running. Obviously that wouldn't convert to 2007 ?\
Regards, ABB

Upvote 0
Stephen Lebans' Tool Tip example does exactly what you want but works in Access 2003 and older.

Upvote 0
Hi, I opened A2kTooltipver34.mdb in Access 2007 expecting it to offer to convert it, and maybe not work, but it just worked as is. I didn't expect that!
I changed frmCustomerDatasheet to continuous view mode (which we want to use) and found it still worked.
I have not yet looked at how or if this could be incorporated into our database. Or should I wait and see what you are designing ?
With this do you know offhand if the delay before it shows can be shortened. And if forecolours and font attributes can be used?
In Excel we used a mix of forecolour and a Bolded first row, and would like to keep that.
Regards, ABB

Upvote 0
Oops apologies... just read Enhanced features include: and found all the answers.

Upvote 0
If you can get it to work, go for it. Don;t wait on me. I am curious to see you you can figure out with the example.

Were you able top get it to converted to a .accdb and still work?

Upvote 0
Were you able top get it to converted to a .accdb and still work?
I expected Access 2007 to offer to convert it, it just accepted it and kept the .mdb extension.
So my thinking was to copy or import the required components.
Yes, figuring it all out may be beyond me, but going to try.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee_ray

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back