Access Query to SharePoint

dixonkidd

Hello, I'm trying to export an Access Query using DoCmd.Output to a SharePoint - currently I'm exporting this data to a share drive that will be decommissioned. So I'm in the processing of trying to upload the query to the designated SharePoint, but getting error message: "Microsoft Access can't save the output to the file you've selected". I'm able to import from the SharePoint to Access, just not able to export from Access to SharePoint.
Has any ran into this type of issue that can share some wisdom? :confused:

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I've worked with SharePoint but not specifically to do this (that I recall).

One thing I know that *should* work - if you're up for it - is to build your list in SP, link that to your DB and then use an INSERT query to put your data in the list.

Also, I'm assuming you've checked the usual things (making sure you have permissions on that site, etc.). If not, you'll want to look there too. Possibly grab an already-existing list on the site and link it to your DB and update the data from Access just to make sure the two can properly communicate with each other and you can write to the site. I've seen permissions issues give errors with similarly-useless descriptions before, so something worth investigating...

Upvote 0
Can you not just use the export function from the ribbon? If you have to use code, wouldn't DoCmd.TransferSharePointList be more appropriate? My only experience with Access vs Sharepoint was to rebuild a spreadsheet housed on a SP site using Automation. That is an entirely different animal.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back