ActiveX Embedded worksheet radio buttons are extremely blurry when printing to PDF

RawlinsCross

So as the title says, this is all about radio buttons on a worksheet being ridiculously blurry.

So I've got a form on an excel worksheet - it's narrow and long and a requirement is to pdf this form out to many people. So with a bit of trial and error, I decided on 4.5 cm x 20 using the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer. That worked very well but I had to set up that custom size on my own computer. Now say 1000 computers need the same form on their computers and they need to print the form to PDF as well. Well, I couldn't go to 1000 computers and set up this custom page. So we tried to do it through the printer driver but setting up a new page size and have all 1000 computers point to it. This is not going well at all and the radio buttons are almost unreadable.

I'm using the .ExportAsFixedFormat class to perform the PDF conversion. I wondered if anyone had thoughts on what strategies I could try to improve things in this case.

VBA Code:
Public Sub CreatePDFFile(sName As String)

With ActiveSheet
    .ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=Environ("USERPROFILE") & "\Desktop\" & sName & ".pdf", _
    Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False
End With

End Sub

Attachments

• Blurry Yes No NA radio buttons.JPG
    Blurry Yes No NA radio buttons.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I can't replicate the problem you have. Does the standard (form control) radiobutton give the same issue?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back