add a Find/Update button to my userform1 that will allow me to find a report # in my worksheets, repopulate the userform.

MacM109r

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I created a userform1 for data entry into my worksheet. I would like to add code to add a Find button that would find a report number in my workssheet and repopulate the userform1 pulling in the entire row. This would allow me to edit the record. i would then like to update to row with the new data. Below is the code, Any help would be appreciated.
1710249726851.png

Private Sub SubmitButton1_Click()

Dim i As Integer
i = 1
While ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("A" & i).Value <> ""
i = i + 1
Wend
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("A" & i).Value = ReportNumber.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("B" & i).Value = InmateName.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("C" & i).Value = InmateNumber.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("D" & i).Value = Offense.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("E" & i).Value = ClassofOffense.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("F" & i).Value = DateofOffense.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("G" & i).Value = DateofFinalImposition.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("H" & i).Value = InmatePlea.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("I" & i).Value = Investigator.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("J" & i).Value = Coordinator.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("K" & i).Value = HearingOfficer.Value
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Disciplinary Report Log").Range("L" & i).Value = Sanction.Value

datavalidation

End Sub

Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Offense.List = Array("ALTERATION OF A SPECIMEN", "ARSON", "ASSAULT", "ASSAULT ON DOC EMPLOYEE", "BARTERING", "BRIBERY", "CAUSING A DISBURENCE", "CONTRABAND CLASS A", _
"CONTABAND, CLASS B", "CREATING A DISTURBANCE", "DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY", "DISOBEYING A DIRECT ORDER", "ESCAPE", "ESCAPE FROM PCS SUPERVISION", "FALSELY REPORTING AND INCIDENT", _
"FELONIOUS MISCONDUCT", "FIGHTING", "GAMBILING", "GIVING FALSE INFORMATION", "FLAGRANT DISOBEDIENCE", "HOSTAGE HOLDING", "HOSTAGE HOLDONG OF DOC EMPLOYEE", "IMPEDING ORDER", _
"INSULTING LANGUAGE", "INTERFERING WITH SAFETY AND SECURITY", "INTOXICATION", "LINGERING", "MISDEMEANOR MISCONDUCT", "OUT OF PLACE", "POSSESION OF SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIAL", "PUBLIC INDECENCY", _
"REFUSAL OR REMOVAL OF AN INSTITUTIONAL PROGRAM OR POLICY", "REFUSAL TO GIVE A SPECIMEN", "REFUSING HOUSING", "RIOT", "SECRETING IDENTITY", _
"SECURITY RISK GROUP AFFILITATION", "SECURITY TAMPERING", "SELF MUTILATION", "SEXUAL MISCONDUCT", "THEFT, CLASS A", "THEFT, CLASS B", "THREATS", "VIOLATION OF PROGRAM PROVISIONS")

ClassofOffense.List = Array("A", "B", "C")
InmatePlea.List = Array("GUILTY", "NOT GUILTY")

End Sub

Private Sub datavalidation()
' If ReportNumber.Value = "" Then
' MsgBox "Sorry, Report Number can not be blank."
'Exit Sub
'End If

If InmateName.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Sorry, Inmate Name cannot be blank,"
Exit Sub
End If

If InmateNumber.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Sorry, Inmate Number cannot be blank,"
Exit Sub
End If

If Offense = "" Then
MsgBox "Please select Offense,"
Exit Sub
End If

If ClassofOffense.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Sorry, Class of Offense cannot be blank,"
Exit Sub
End If

If DateofOffense.Value = "" Then
MsgBox "Sorry, Dateof Offense cannot be blank,"
Exit Sub
End If

'If DateofFinalImposition.Value = "" Then
' MsgBox "Sorry, Date of Final Imposition cannot be blank,"
'Exit Sub
'End If

'If InmatePlea.Value = "" Then
' MsgBox "Sorry, Inmate Plea cannot be blank,"
'Exit Sub
'End If

If Investigator = "" Then
MsgBox "Sorry, Investigator cannot be blank,"
Exit Sub
End If

'If Coordinator = "" Then
' MsgBox "Sorry, Coordinator cannot be blank,"
'Exit Sub
'End If

'If HearingOfficer = "" Then
' MsgBox "Sorry, Hearing Officer cannot be blank,"
'Exit Sub
'End If

'If Sanction = "" Then
' MsgBox "Sorry, Sanction cannot be blank,"
'Exit Sub
'End If

Exit Sub
End Sub
Private Sub ExitButton_Click()

Unload Me

End Sub
Private Sub ClearButton_Click()

'ReportNumber.Value = ""
InmateName.Value = ""
InmateNumber.Value = ""
Offense.Value = ""
ClassofOffense.Value = ""
DateofOffense.Value = ""
DateofFinalImposition.Value = ""
InmatePlea.Value = ""
Investigator.Value = ""
Coordinator.Value = ""
HearingOfficer.Value = ""
Sanction.Value = ""

End Sub

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi
welcome to forum

Your request is possible but would be helpful if you can place a copy (with dummy data only) of your workbook on a file sharing site like dropbox & provide a link to it?
If can do this, I will see if can find some time to have a play to include your request.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi,
To share a file with the forum, you need to place a copy of your workbook (with sensitive data removed) on a file sharing site like dropbox & provide a link to it.

Dave

Upvote 0
ok, that is non-sensitive date.

What you have posted is an image - what I have been asking for you to do is to place a copy of your workbook on a file sharing site like dropbox . This will allow myself and others here to ensure any solution created will work as required & saves a considerable amount of time posting questions.

Dave

Upvote 0
What you have posted is an image - what I have been asking for you to do is to place a copy of your workbook on a file sharing site like dropbox . This will allow myself and others here to ensure any solution created will work as required & saves a considerable amount of time posting questions.

Dave
I understand. I will use "Dropbox" and create a link. I was just stating that data in the image is non-sensitive data and that's what the file in the link will look like.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back