Add Conditional Formatting to an Automatically Time-Stamped Cell, Based On Plus/Minus Two Hours

MissGriffieth

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! Thank you for allowing me to enjoy and make use of the resources here. I have been reading through all related posts that I can find, and have been unable to find the information regarding conditional formatting as needed.

When monitoring student work, I have set up a spreadsheet to automatically timestamp when I record their completion of short-cycle work. I am wanting to conditionally format the automatically timestamped cell by color to alert me when it's been longer than 15 minutes since a short cycle assessment has been submitted.

I am also wishing to use a similar format to assist my husband with his snow plowing business as he monitors how long it has been since individual drivers have checked within a two-hour range. I've made myriad attempts and cannot seem to figure out what is missing. I have found posts that demonstrate how to highlight if greater than 15 minutes and automatic date/time stamps when a neighboring cell is edited, but I have not been able to combine the two.

I would love to have the conditionally highlighted date/time stamp red if over two hours and green if under two hours for the snow plowing, (and similarly for the short-cycle classroom tracking), but thought perhaps the date was causing part of the problem for the conditional formatting to read correctly.
Any assistance would be most appreciated!

1641507602370.png

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
To clarify, in the above example, Column G, Most Recent Pass updates automatically whenever any modification is made in Column E, Pass Number. What I would like is for the automatically timestamped Column G, Most Recent Pass to show Green if that time stamp is less than two hours from the current time, and to show Red if that timestamp is more than two hours from the current time. Hopefully that's a little more clear. Many thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back