Add Reminders in Google Sheets

Jsesso21

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello - Does anyone have experience with the 'Add Reminders' add-on in Google Sheets? I thought it would be the perfect solution to creating an automated email payment reminder system for my company, but it seems to not want to let me have multiple dates in the same column. It gives me a warning notice that this could cause issues in tracking emails. Has anyone dealt with this and does anyone know how to get around it? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I'm not familiar with the specific issue you are encountering with the 'Add Reminders' add-on in Google Sheets, but I can provide some general advice on creating an automated email payment reminder system.

One approach is to use Google Apps Script, which allows you to write custom code to automate tasks in Google Sheets, including sending emails based on certain conditions.

Here is an example script that sends an email reminder to customers who have an outstanding balance on a certain date:

VBA Code:
function sendPaymentReminders() {
  var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
  var sheet = ss.getSheetByName("Sheet1"); // replace with the name of your sheet
  var range = sheet.getRange("A2:D"); // replace with the range of your data

var data = range.getValues();
  var today = new Date();
  var messages = [];

for (var i = 0; i < data.length; i++) {
    var customer = data[i][0];
    var email = data[i][1];
    var balance = data[i][2];
    var dueDate = new Date(data[i][3]);

if (balance > 0 && today >= dueDate) {
      var subject = "Payment Reminder: Your balance is overdue";
      var body = "Dear " + customer + ",\n\nThis is a reminder that your balance of $" + balance.toFixed(2) + " is now overdue. Please submit payment as soon as possible to avoid late fees.\n\nThank you for your prompt attention to this matter.";
      messages.push({to: email, subject: subject, body: body});
    }
  }

for (var j = 0; j < messages.length; j++) {
    var message = messages[j];
    MailApp.sendEmail(message.to, message.subject, message.body);
  }
}

To use this script, you would need to create a sheet with columns for customer name, email address, balance, and due date. You can then set up a trigger to run the sendPaymentReminders function on a schedule (e.g. daily, weekly, etc.).

This script checks the balance and due date for each customer and sends an email reminder if the balance is overdue. You can customize the email subject and body to fit your specific needs.

This approach allows you to have multiple dates in the same column and avoids the issues with tracking emails that you mentioned. It also gives you more control over the email content and scheduling than using an add-on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajaykosuri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back