Add rows to a FILTER command results on a new worksheet

eric5605

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have a table labeled "Analysis" that has results and tracking for various studies. I used the FILTER command to take all "In Progress" studies that have a "Yes" indicated for data issues and those results are added to a second worksheet labeled "Data Issues". Users want to track more information regarding the studies with data issues. I was hoping to add extra columns at the right for notes and other data user could insert that would then be tied to that study. The "Data Issues" tab is dynamic so how do I make it so that columns added to the right are dynamic with the filtered results put onto the "Data Issues" tab?

Analysis Tab:
1707772703854.png

Filtered Tab:
1707772780783.png

Thanks!
Eric

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
There are two ways to do it, unfortunately, neither of them are ideal solutions, as this takes on more of a cross referencing database functionality.

1) Create an additional column in the Analysis tab for notes, and people will have to add there notes on the analysis tab.

2) Use PowerQuery to create a self merging query. You would convert the Analysis tab into a table, load it into a power query. Filter the data in the way you want, and then load it into the filtered tab. Add your notes column. You would then load the filtered tab table into pq as a new query, and then merge that query with the original query.
a) the unfortunate part of doing it this way is that you are reliant on the refresh button on the data ribbon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back