vivekshanghvi

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I have multiple addresses in different cells
Address1 Address2 address3 (11 cells) Cell A1: cell A11

I want help so as to get all these 11 cells combined in 1 cell (in an address format) .. so there will be like 11 lines in a single cell (how you use Alt+enter to move to next line in the same cell)

Please help...

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

I also suggest that you give us a sample set of dummy data and the expected results (manually entered) with XL2BB

Upvote 0
I can understand what you want to do, but for my understanding and to help you find a better way would like to know, why you want to pull complete address in one cell like that. If you can explain the purpose, I can probably give you a better way.

Upvote 0
I can understand what you want to do, but for my understanding and to help you find a better way would like to know, why you want to pull complete address in one cell like that. If you can explain the purpose, I can probably give you a better way.
Hi
Thanks for your response... need them in a single cell is because i need to print these as sticker labels directly.. have a list of abt 6500 names..

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

I also suggest that you give us a sample set of dummy data and the expected results (manually entered) with XL2BB
Hi
Thank you for your response.. as suggested have updated the profile ...

Book3
ABCDEFGHI
1Data recd
21DEEPAK BC/O SHI VILLA2ND FLOOR, FLAT NO 2-ADEB-KUTIR LANE, ULUBARIMUMBAI400056MAHARASHTRA09XXXX91715
4Need data in this format
51 DEEPAK B C/O SHI VILLA 2ND FLOOR, FLAT NO 2-A DEB-KUTIR LANE, ULUBARI MUMBAI 400056 MAHARASHTRA 984545465
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for your response... need them in a single cell is because i need to print these as sticker labels directly.. have a list of abt 6500 names..
Exactly that is what I thought. Rather than wasting energy bringing them together use Mail Merge in Word and the current Excel File as data and get stickers or labels exactly the way you want them to be.

Upvote 0
Hi
Thank you for your response.. as suggested have updated the profile ...

Book3
ABCDEFGHI
1Data recd
21DEEPAK BC/O SHI VILLA2ND FLOOR, FLAT NO 2-ADEB-KUTIR LANE, ULUBARIMUMBAI400056MAHARASHTRA09XXXX91715
4Need data in this format
51 DEEPAK B C/O SHI VILLA 2ND FLOOR, FLAT NO 2-A DEB-KUTIR LANE, ULUBARI MUMBAI 400056 MAHARASHTRA 984545465
Sheet1
Vivek I knew you were trying for this thing only - Mail merge in word using this data is the best solution.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the sample data. You originally said 11 items and that they were down a column
Your sample only has 9 items and the are across a row.

Can you please clarify what the number and layout actually is?

Upvote 0
Exactly that is what I thought. Rather than wasting energy bringing them together use Mail Merge in Word and the current Excel File as data and get stickers or labels exactly the way you want them to be.
Thanks...
Thanks for the sample data. You originally said 11 items and that they were down a column
Your sample only has 9 items and the are across a row.

Can you please clarify what the number and layout actually is?
As shown the actual layout is the same... some line items have 9 and max 11 (certain heads like add 4 / mobile 2) are empty.. hence this is showing only 9
So 1 row has all the information which I require in a single cell (with a Alt+Ent(new line) between each data in the same single cell

I hope I am able to clear the confusion...

Thanks

Upvote 0
Two more questions.
  1. It seems that you have split to a new line where there is a comma in cell E2 but you have not split to a new line where there is a comma in cell D2. What is the logic there?
  2. Why has the value from I2 changed when it appears in cell A5?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MedDash99

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back