ADVERTISING

callwood

Your content is great. The advertising is horrendous, obtrusive and offensive. We are professionals working in a professional environment. This is insulting. I know you have to make a living but so do I. I do not have the time to find the bits of code I need amongst the overbearing ads coming at me from all sides. I will ignore results from Mr Excel in future. Just not worth the angst.

If you're logged in, the only advert you will see is the one at the top of the page. If that's too much of a price for you to pay for a free help forum, so be it. Take care.

I have been using this forum for years in a professional environment and have never found the ads to be offensive or obtrusive, though as Rory suggests, I am always logged in when I am on this forum. I have found most other websites far worse - especially news and weather web sites!

And remember, while the forum is free for you, it isn't free. Someone has to pay for it!

I have been using this forum for years in a professional environment and have never found the ads to be offensive or obtrusive
I am not sure how to define offensive or obtrusive ads because I never see that kind either. However, there is a super simple trick to avoid it other than being logged in. The cookies are used to serve behavioral advertising on the MrExcel website, so I know the ads I am seeing are directly related to my own browsing history on that computer. Basically, I am not visiting offensive or obtrusive websites in my professional environment, so I don't see any unwanted ads suddenly when my boss is watching my screen even I am not logged in. It is important because my boss also knows this trick.

Of course, I also try to keep logged in as a certain solution. Because the ads are not displayed to the registered members except the top banner that shows certain Excel-related adverts that Rory mentioned.

Suat,

I thought that might be the case - that the ads shown are not derived from MrExcel, but instead are based on the user's own browser history (sounds like someone may need to clear their browser history!).

Thanks for clearing that up.

that the ads shown are not derived from MrExcel, but instead are based on the user's own browser history (sounds like someone may need to clear their browser history!).
That’s right, Joe. Even using the private browsing in professional environment reduces the risk.

If you're logged in, the only advert you will see is the one at the top of the page. If that's too much of a price for you to pay for a free help forum, so be it. Take care.
Hmmm, maybe I wasn't logged in. And maybe I reacted a little harshly (stress will do that to you) but it was terrible. I have been using ad blockers for years because my previous job needed a clear screen and head (research). So I guess I am uber sensitive to advertising. But there were ads crowding around the code snippets, forcing them into a narrow column. They were left, right, up, down. So I lost it and had a dummy spit. I will log in from now on. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back