After any sheet moved out creating a new workbook, all macros assigned to the buttons in the old workbook automatically refer to the new workbook

zengdi

The rare and strange problem is observed only on one particular computer with Windows 7 Pro and Excel 2007. Let me try describing it step by step for better understanding.

Step 1
There is a workbook test.xlsx. There are 3 sheets in it. There is a button Button 1 in the sheet Sheet1. The button is assigned a macro with its full name test.xlsx!Macro1.

MrExcel001.PNG

Step 2
Then I move the sheet Sheet2, NOT Sheet1, out of the workbook test.xlsx, creating a new workbook Book1.

MrExcel002.PNG

Setp 3
Then let's come back to the old worksheet test.xlsx, check the button Button1 in the sheet Sheet1. And then we'll find that the macro assigned to the button has been changed into Book1!Macro1, which in fact does not exist! This is the strange problem I'm talking about.

MrExcel003.PNG

Actually all the macros assigned to the buttons in the old worksheet have been changed and refer to the new workbook.

This phenomenon only occurs on one particular computer with Windows 7 Pro and Excel 2007. I had completely uninstalled MS Office 2007 and reinstalled it in result no help. I do can reinstall the operation system itself but it'd be the last thing I'd like to try.

Does anybody has any clue?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
:eek: Now the problem was found more weird. I built a virtual computer using VirtualBox on the issued computer and installed MS Excel 2007 and found the the problem happens even on the virtual computer. Then I completely reinstalled the operation system on the issued computer and found the problem repeated itself again. This has never been found on any of my other computers. Does anyone has any clue?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macro_learner

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back