After recalculation the first data entry is extremely slow

Jimbojay

Im am producing a considerable database with variable ranges and heavy formula's. I've done much to write formula's as efficient as possible. With good results, because the recalculation and (re)summarizing of the data itself only takes up +- 5 sec. (calculation is set to manual)

To produce an overview, selection criteria are entered into a "management dashboard". Three catagories each containing five fields as potentially findable criteria.

As said earlier, (re)calculation works fine BUT... When I've performed a calculation, the first data entry in this "management dashboard" and only this management dashboard is painfully slow (+-20/30 sec). The odd part is that all next data entries or deletions withing this management dashboard are immediate (as supposed to).

I don't get why only the first data entry after (re)calculation is so slow and what I can do to fix this nasty issue.

Hopefully there are some bright spirits around that can give me some advice on this...

Thanks in advance!
Jay

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
real_will_smith

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back