Aging according to balance of account and invoices constitute the balance for all customers

askall1000

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello to All,

I have customers statements derived from accounting software. I want to formulate the balance of each customer according to date of invoices had been issued. And I will use this formula frequently by changing the date at C1 cell and there is more than 50 customers. In reality there are also payments received but purpose of mine is find the invoices that constitute balance of account according to day groups mention in M3:R3. If account has no balance it should be zero. If the sum of invoices exceed balance, it should not take into consideration whole amount of invoice just the needed balance. The difference between S8 and balance (K8) must be zero.

Thank you very much in advance who spare their valuable time to help me.

Aging Balance 2023.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST
1Date01.04.2023
3Current CodeCompany NameDateVoucher NumInvoice NumDescriptionCurrency CodeFX RateDebitCreditBalanceDays0-3031-6061-9091-120121-150150+TotalDifference
4CU03Customer201.11.2022USD25.378,7825.378,78151,00
5CU03Customer201.02.2023USD10.000,0035.378,7859,00
6CU03Customer214.03.2023USD25.849,0961.227,8718,00
7CU03Customer214.03.2023USD3.320,8564.548,7218,00
8CU03Customer217.03.2023USD23.706,0040.842,7215,0029.169,9410.000,0000,000,001.672,7840.842,720,00
9….…..
10….…..0,00
11….…..
12….…..
13….…..
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
K4K4=+I4-J4
L4:L8L4=+$C$1-C4
K5:K8K5=+K4+I5-J5
M8M8=+SUM(I6:I7)
N8N8=+I5
S8S8=+SUM(M8:R8)
T8T8=+K8-S8
K10K10=+K8-S8

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Based on the information you provided, it seems like you need a formula that will calculate the balance of each customer based on the date of the invoices that were issued, taking into account payments received and grouping the invoices by day. Here is a possible solution using the data and formulas you provided:

1. First, create a table with the following columns: Customer Name, Invoice Date, Invoice Amount, Payment Amount, Balance. Make sure the table includes all invoices and payments for all customers.
  2. Next, insert a row above the table and merge cells M2:R2. In cell M2, enter the following formula: =IF($C$1="",0,IFERROR(DATEVALUE($C$1),"Invalid Date")). This formula checks if the date in cell C1 is blank, and if not, converts it to a date value. If there is an error in the date value, it will display "Invalid Date".
  3. In cells M3:R3, enter the day groupings you want to use. For example, you could enter "1-10", "11-20", "21-31" if you want to group invoices by the day of the month they were issued.
  4. In cell S2, enter the following formula: =SUMIF(B:B,"<="&M$2,C:C)-SUMIF(B:B,"<="&M$2,D:D). This formula calculates the balance for invoices issued on or before the date in cell M2. It does this by summing all invoice amounts in column C that are on or before the date in cell M2, and subtracting all payment amounts in column D that are on or before the date in cell M2.
  5. Copy the formula in cell S2 to cells T2:Y2. These cells will calculate the balance for each day grouping in cells M3:R3.
  6. In cell Z2, enter the following formula: =SUM(S2:Y2). This formula calculates the total balance for all customers based on the day groupings in cells M3:R3.
  7. In cell AA2, enter the following formula: =IF(K8-Z2<0,K8,Z2). This formula checks if the total balance in cell Z2 exceeds the balance in cell K8. If it does, it displays the balance in cell K8. If not, it displays the total balance in cell Z2.
  8. Finally, in cell AB2, enter the following formula: =K8-AA2. This formula calculates the difference between the balance in cell K8 and the total balance in cell AA2. If the difference is zero, then the formula has been successful.
You can then copy the formulas in cells AA2 and AB2 to all customers in your table, and the balance for each customer will be calculated based on the date of the invoices issued, taking into account payments received and grouping the invoices by day.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank
Based on the information you provided, it seems like you need a formula that will calculate the balance of each customer based on the date of the invoices that were issued, taking into account payments received and grouping the invoices by day. Here is a possible solution using the data and formulas you provided:

1. First, create a table with the following columns: Customer Name, Invoice Date, Invoice Amount, Payment Amount, Balance. Make sure the table includes all invoices and payments for all customers.
  2. Next, insert a row above the table and merge cells M2:R2. In cell M2, enter the following formula: =IF($C$1="",0,IFERROR(DATEVALUE($C$1),"Invalid Date")). This formula checks if the date in cell C1 is blank, and if not, converts it to a date value. If there is an error in the date value, it will display "Invalid Date".
  3. In cells M3:R3, enter the day groupings you want to use. For example, you could enter "1-10", "11-20", "21-31" if you want to group invoices by the day of the month they were issued.
  4. In cell S2, enter the following formula: =SUMIF(B:B,"<="&M$2,C:C)-SUMIF(B:B,"<="&M$2,D:D). This formula calculates the balance for invoices issued on or before the date in cell M2. It does this by summing all invoice amounts in column C that are on or before the date in cell M2, and subtracting all payment amounts in column D that are on or before the date in cell M2.
  5. Copy the formula in cell S2 to cells T2:Y2. These cells will calculate the balance for each day grouping in cells M3:R3.
  6. In cell Z2, enter the following formula: =SUM(S2:Y2). This formula calculates the total balance for all customers based on the day groupings in cells M3:R3.
  7. In cell AA2, enter the following formula: =IF(K8-Z2<0,K8,Z2). This formula checks if the total balance in cell Z2 exceeds the balance in cell K8. If it does, it displays the balance in cell K8. If not, it displays the total balance in cell Z2.
  8. Finally, in cell AB2, enter the following formula: =K8-AA2. This formula calculates the difference between the balance in cell K8 and the total balance in cell AA2. If the difference is zero, then the formula has been successful.
You can then copy the formulas in cells AA2 and AB2 to all customers in your table, and the balance for each customer will be calculated based on the date of the invoices issued, taking into account payments received and grouping the invoices by day.
Thank you very much for your detail explanation and help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back