Aging Bucket Help

evilpeanut

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
hello can somebody help me with an conditional aging problem.

i am trying to bucket "Aging WF" into a few buckets however for ">85 x <90" "Aging Task Date" has to be greater than 4.
Please help
1619196886104.png

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Welcome to the Board!

You can use COUNTIFS formulas to do this.

For example, to get a count of all record with column D >= 85 and <90, and column E > 4, use this:
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS(D3:D32,">=85",D3:D32,"<90",E3:E32,">4")
You can apply the same logic to all your other counts.

Here is a good link on how to use COUNTIFS and examples: MS Excel: How to use the COUNTIFS Function (WS).

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

You can use COUNTIFS formulas to do this.

For example, to get a count of all record with column D >= 85 and <90, and column E > 4, use this:
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS(D3:D32,">=85",D3:D32,"<90",E3:E32,">4")
You can apply the same logic to all your other counts.

Here is a good link on how to use COUNTIFS and examples: MS Excel: How to use the COUNTIFS Function (WS).

Thank you but sorry i din't make myself clear.
i am looking for something like this.

1619198331049.png

i'm encountering a logic issue was wondering whether you could help me.

Imagine this scenario,
I have a few documents that ages daily represented in Column D.
Column E represents the age of the task when it gets assigned from 1 person to another (so the counter resets back to 1 when a document gets passed on to another person)

when Column D reaches 90, the document has to be destroyed however if Column E is less than 10 days, it will not be destroyed.
so for example, if Column D is 85 and Column E is 1, it has 9 more days before it gets destroyed.

how should i quantify these sets of data?

Upvote 0
Thank you but sorry i din't make myself clear.
i am looking for something like this.

View attachment 37404

i'm encountering a logic issue was wondering whether you could help me.

Imagine this scenario,
I have a few documents that ages daily represented in Column D.
Column E represents the age of the task when it gets assigned from 1 person to another (so the counter resets back to 1 when a document gets passed on to another person)

when Column D reaches 90, the document has to be destroyed however if Column E is less than 10 days, it will not be destroyed.
so for example, if Column D is 85 and Column E is 1, it has 9 more days before it gets destroyed.

how should i quantify these sets of data?
just to add, if Column E exceeds 10 days on condition that column D has also exceeded 90 days, documents will be destroyed.

Upvote 0
I think I am totally confused now!

Can you provide your expected results (show us exactly what you want to see), in relation to the example you posted, and walk us the logic using the example you provide?

Upvote 0
I think I am totally confused now!

Can you provide your expected results (show us exactly what you want to see), in relation to the example you posted, and walk us the logic using the example you provide
haha sorry to confuse you.
does the below make sense?

1619201318146.png

Upvote 0
You seem to have an incomplete list of conditions.
The records on rows 9, 12, 14, 16, 18 ,19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 29,and 32 do not seem to meet any of the criteria you have listed.

Upvote 0
First let me make sure I understand:

- You are trying to group these items based on the criteria in column J? So for example since D3 is 75, and less than 80 F3 has a value of "Less than 15 days".
- Your problem is that at some point you need to also check that aging task date is greater than 4 if column D is "greater than 85, but less than 90.

Assuming I have that right what you need to do is just use nested IFS. Excel allows you to next IF statements inside other IF statements:

E.G. "IF([statement], IF([nested statement], [nested true condition], [nested false condition]), [top level false condition])

it's up to you to decide what statements to use, but that would be how I would go about it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back