Android App that can edit XLSM files?

SusaninHouston

I'm finally moving into the smartphone world and am looking for an Android app that will allow me to access or edit XLSM files. Several claim to handle XLSX files, but virtually everthing I will want to look at is XLSM.

Can this be done?

And if XLSX is the limit, what is the best Android app for large and complex files?

OK - So the move was an 'assist', not a 'wrist slap' -- Belated Thanks. Bbut the underlying questions remain:

Anyone know of an Android app that will allow a smart phone user to (in order of increasing power):
1) open an .xlsm file (the app ads I saw all say '.xlsx')
2) run a macro that already exists in the file, and
3) edit a VBA macro in that file

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
1 No.

2 No.

3 No.

And believe me I've looked, for 1 and 3 at least, 2 I doubt very much will ever happen.

Upvote 0
Given that I stumbled across your question in my search for this, I thought I'd share that MobiSystems has an Android app called OfficeSuite Pro that lists .xlsm as a supported file type. Unfortunately I'm looking for an iOS app, so it doesn't solve my problem and I couldn't test it.

I'd be interested in your experience if you decide to test it - an app that runs .xlsm files would be a big decider when I buy my next tablet.

Upvote 0
Another interesting possible for you to look into is OnLive Desktop. Apparently the app gives you access to a full version of excel on a virtual computer.

This app has both an Android and an iPad version but it hasn't been rolled out to Switzerland yet *sigh*, so this is where I give up. Again, any feedback on the usefulness (or otherwise) of this app would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I've actually used OfficeSuite Pro and though you could open xlsm files and edit them you couldn't do anything with the code in them.

Not tried OnLive Desktop but I'll take a look.

Upvote 0
I signed up, checked out the site and found this: "At this time, the OnLive Desktop App is available in the contiguous United States of America (excluding AK, HI)."
I live in the Netherlands but will try to install it on my Galaxy 2 10.1, tonight. Will post a review afterwards.

Upvote 0
Norie, thanks for the feedback on OfficeSuite Pro. I hadn't expected to be able to edit the code but I did hope to be able to run it, so that's rather disappointing.

And thanks to both Norie and Robin121 for investigating OnLive Desktop - I tried downloading it (in Switzerland) and got a very clear NO from Apple.

Upvote 0
Office Suite Pro definitely doesn't do the trick.
I also contacted OnLiveDesktop with the question if I will be able to run embedded macro's in a .xlsm file. Will get back to you guys after I get an answer.

Upvote 0
Susan, or anyone else

Have you found a solution for viewing and running xlsm files on android? I"m in the same predicament and finding office suite7 is about the closest thing that anyone's ever developed.

I know this is a niche market but i'm sure that market would expand if people knew it was available....:confused:

Upvote 0
This forum page is 4y old, but is the 1st in my google return for 'kingsoft' 'office' 'xlsm'.

Four years later Kingsoft still won't even let me have a look at a read-only xlsm file. Is there an android app that can?

I don't want to run or edit the macros, just to look at the spreadsheet (& perhaps edit some non-macro cells).

xlsm is a well-used format & it doesn't sound an unreasonable thing to ask a spreadsheet to do (on the surface).

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back