Apologies in advance

Martyn Robertson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I've got a purchasing spreadsheet that uses VBA to carry out a lot of the functions.

However the macros have disappeared and the back up spreadsheet seems to be corrupted.

I'll probably be asking lots of questions asking for help so I think I need to apologise in advance if they seem dumb questions.

I have to admit that I have not used VBA before so am somewhat of a novice so please take it easy on me

Thanks in advance

Martyn

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I forgive you in advance. :)
If you'd like, you can upload your file here and I'll try to step past the issue using a debugger. Sometimes I can recover the file. No promises though.

Upvote 0
Feel free to post your questions to the board.
While you cannot attach files to your posts, there are tools that allow you to post images to your posts, which can be found here: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Some people will post their files to a public file sharing site, and provide links to it, though many people will not download files off the internet (especially those that may have code in them) due to security concerns.

Upvote 0
Hi Martyn. The file you uploaded is an xlsx file. Perhaps you have an xlsm version of the same file and at some point you saved it as xlsx, thus ripping out the code. Even if that's the case, you should still have a copy of the xlsm version that contains the code. Search for an xlsm version of your file. Let me know what you find.

Upvote 0
Here is a list of the Excel file extensions.

As dataluver alluded to, "xlsx" files cannot contain macros/VBA code.
"xlsm" or "xlsb" files can.

Upvote 0
I'll have to get a file from work and then upload it.The file does open for me but none of the macros work

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back