Appending Data on a Master Workbook

noel_liam

Hey everyone. I have been reading this forum for a while and have found great answers on here. However this is my first post! I have seen some similar questions but I have a few things that I still can't figure out. Here is what I am trying to do:

I am creating two documents that will be used for buying material and for tracking the material as it is shipped. The first document is a Request For Quote(RFQ). It will be sent to vendors with material descriptions and quantities. They will fill out the prices and part #'s then return to us. There will be a different RFQ for each Purchase Order we write with each vendor.

After we buy the material I want to easily import the columns (Part#, Material Description, Qty, Unit Price) in the RFQ document and append them to the like columns in the Shipping Spreadsheet. So all of the RFQ's material and price data is on the Shipping Spreadsheet(There is one shipping spreadsheet per project and multiple RFQ's).

Two things that need to be considered are

1) In the RFQ Material description is divided into 4 columns with dependent drop down lists. This is to keep the user from having to type out the material out everytime, since we buy a lot of the same things for every job. BUT I would like if when I import the data into the Shipping document the description is just one column. (I have used the CONCATENATE function to achieve this previously)

2) There will be multiple people using this who do not understand macro's and VBA language. Thus I would like to place a button on the Shipping Spread sheet that says Import. When you click it it will open a browser where you can select Which RFQ document you want to import. It will then append the data in the specified RFQ to the bottom of the Shipping Spreadsheet.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daymo66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back