Apply a percentage growth to customer rates, compounding each year (specific to the customer)

jo2710

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm looking to create a measure in PowerPivot that takes a customers base rate and applies a percentage increase (based on CPI). Depending on the financial years selected in the slicer the measure would 'compound' the rates.

Ideally I'll end up with a pivot table that looks like the below with the ability to chop and change financial years, there will always be the current FY and the next FY selected but we need the ability to look back as well.

Table Example.png

My data is made up of a few tables:
Customers (Customer, Region, Country)
CustomerRates (Customer, Product, Rate, Date for base rate)
CPI (Customer, Date, CPI Rate) *Unfortunately the rate isn't applied consistently across all customers
Dates (Date, Month, Year, FQtr, Financial Year)

I need the ability to easily change the filter on the customer and financial years.

My struggle is that if say FY 2020 is selected, I need to look at the date of the base rate and apply any increases between then and FY 2020.

Is this possible to do in PowerPivot or am I flogging a dead horse! The reason I'm trying to do this in PowerPivot is because the data needs to be manipulated in a number of ways for other purposes (profit and loss statement, cashflow forecasting and to create customer invoices). There are a few more tables in the background but I've just included those relevant to the current 'hurdle' I'm trying to overcome. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jo

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back