ARRAY FORMULA - coming up with zeros?

itr674

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Have the following array formua in sheet. It comes up with zero when there is data that should sum??

SUM(IF(('test'!$B$9:$B$108="6K*")*('test'!$E$9:$E$108="123test"),'test'!$K$9:$K$108))
This message was edited by on 2002-10-18 09:37
This message was edited by em on 2003-01-31 23:47

I chaged the linked cell formula on sheet 2 to read =IF('afw-Basic'!B8,'afw-Basic'!B8,0) and I custom formatted linked cells (same cells with new IF formula) on sheet 2 to [=0]"";General.

Now I get #Value! in those cells? Do I use double quotation marks or single?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
On 2002-09-25 11:14, em wrote:
I chaged the linked cell formula on sheet 2 to read =IF('afw-Basic'!B8,'afw-Basic'!B8,0) and I custom formatted linked cells (same cells with new IF formula) on sheet 2 to [=0]"";General.

Now I get #Value! in those cells? Do I use double quotation marks or single?

That's the right format...

Examine the following closely and try to figure out whether your situation differs from it...
aaExample em.xls
ABCDEFGHI
1aq237a
2aw324q
3bw47 29
4aq548
5cw612
Sheet1

Upvote 0
No, it comes from another sheet within a workbook.

I just formatted all the cells in the columns that are to be summed so a zero would be there instead of "" if it where empty--that did not work.

I don't understand why it will SUM one column when only that column is in the formula, but as soon as you add another column I get the value error.

I just experimented with each column seperately to see if the problem would show up for a particular column - all worked perfectly as long as they are there by them selves. But as soon as I add that second column it will not work???

I have been working on this since 0100 this morning and am about to fall out. I was thinking later tonight or tomorrow I would try to put together a duplicate workbood and maybe send it to you would have time to look at it--any my day is over for now ...

Upvote 0
Aladin - I went back and looked a formula I had posted earlier today and noticed that I have a comma seperating parts of the formulas.

Is the comma correct or should it be a * and are spaces between the + signs OK ?

=SUMPRODUCT((LEFT('sheetname'!$B$9:$B$108,2)="3Y")*('sheetname'!$E$9:$E$108="test"),('sheetname'!$AG$9:$AG$108 + 'sheetname'!$AJ$9:$AJ$108 + 'sheetname'!$AM$9:$AM$108))
This message was edited by em on 2002-09-25 19:11

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-25 12:58, em wrote:
Aladin - I went back and looked a formula I had posted earlier today and noticed that I have a comma seperating parts of the formulas.

Is the comma correct or should it be a * and are spaces between the + signs OK ?

=SUMPRODUCT((LEFT('sheetname'!$B$9:$B$108,2)="3Y")*('sheetname'!$E$9:$E$108="test"),('sheetname'!$AG$9:$AG$108 + sheetname'!$AJ$9:$AJ$108 + 'sheetname'!$AM$9:$AM$108))

The comma is correct. Spaces around + is no problem.

Upvote 0
I examined your spreadsheet: You did not fully carry out what I suggested in earlier replies:

Change the linking formulas according the following logic:

=IF(Sheet1!A1,Sheet1!A1,0)

Thus a 0, not a "".

Select such cells and custom format them as:

[=0]"";General

The longer formula Ian suggested will work as intended.

See the original post [from which the above is quoted] why this needs to be done.

Upvote 0
Aladin - I mis understood "linked" cells. I was putting the formula you suggested in the cells that were linked and not the cells that I was getting the data from.

I went back and completed your instructions and they worked.

THANKS ...

Upvote 0
Aladin - I mis understood "linked" cells. I was putting the formula you suggested in the cells that were linked and not the cells that I was getting the data from.

I went back and completed your instructions and they worked.

THANKS ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetfriend9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back