Array Formula : IF not giving TRUE/FALSE results

VinayShankam

In the attached file in the 'Overdue List' tab I am trying to list all the projects that are overdue. File URL https://www.dropbox.com/s/28atfuxvwe5xstl/Test.xlsx

I get the count of over due projects from =COUNTIFS('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6",'Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150") - This is working fine

But when I try to generate a list using this array formula

=IF(ROWS(A$2:A2)<=$J$1,INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60,SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6", IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150", ROW('Master List'!$F$2:$F$60)-ROW('Master List'!$F$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

IF conditions IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6" and IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150" dont seem to generate TRUE or FALSE result. Hence I am getting a #NUM! error

Please advise what am I doing wrong

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
In the attached file in the 'Overdue List' tab I am trying to list all the projects that are overdue. File URL https://www.dropbox.com/s/28atfuxvwe5xstl/Test.xlsx

I get the count of over due projects from =COUNTIFS('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6",'Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150") - This is working fine

But when I try to generate a list using this array formula

=IF(ROWS(A$2:A2)<=$J$1,INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60,SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6", IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150", ROW('Master List'!$F$2:$F$60)-ROW('Master List'!$F$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

IF conditions IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6" and IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150" dont seem to generate TRUE or FALSE result. Hence I am getting a #NUM! error

Please advise what am I doing wrong

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:
Rich (BB code):
=IF(ROWS(A$2:A2)<=$J$1,INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60,
  SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 >= 6, IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 < 150, 
  ROW('Master List'!$F$2:$F$60)-ROW('Master List'!$F$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

If so desired, you can replace the IF(ROWS(A$2:A2)<=$J$1 bit with IFERROR.

Upvote 0
Yes I have tried Control+shift+enter, not just enter. Still get #NUM! error

Master List houses the relevant data...

KAD
LAD
FAD
NAD
XAD
ZAD

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet1 houses the processing...

Result
KAD
FAD
NAD

<tbody>
</tbody>

A2, control+shift+enter, not just enter:
Rich (BB code):
=IFERROR(INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60,
  SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 >= 6, IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 < 150,
  ROW('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60)-ROW('Master List'!$D$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

This is essentially the same formula. I only removed the reference to the range in column F. Also replaced the the initial ROWS bit wit IFERROR. But all this has nothing to do with the NUM error you seem to have.

Upvote 0
Question Aladin

Why do you CTRL+Shift+Enter ?

What does that initiate and should one do it always?

And when should one CTRL+Shift+Enter?

Whenever you need multiple results like in

A2:A10="kad"

which leads to a set of evaluations (not a single value) and
the function you use is not of array-processing type such as LOOKUP, FREQUENCY, or SUMPRODUCT.

Upvote 0
Please could you recheck your formula,

=IFERROR(INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60, SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 >= 6, IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 < 150, ROW('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60)-ROW('Master List'!$D$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),""</pre>it is throwing error.

Also do we not need ROWS(A$2:A2)<=COUNTIFS('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6",'Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150")

Upvote 0
Please could you recheck your formula,

=IFERROR(INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60, SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 >= 6, IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 < 150, ROW('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60)-ROW('Master List'!$D$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),""it is throwing error.

Also do we not need ROWS(A$2:A2)<=COUNTIFS('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,">=6",'Master List'!$G$2:$G$60,"<150")

It is either:

=IFERROR(INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60,SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 >= 6, IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 < 150,ROW('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60)-ROW('Master List'!$D$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

or, with J1 housing:

=COUNTIFS('Master List'!G2:G60,">=6",'Master List'!G2:G60,"<150")

=IF(ROWS($A$2:A2)<=$J$1,INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60, SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 >= 6, IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 < 150,ROW('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60)-ROW('Master List'!$D$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

Whichever is chosen, the formula goes in A2 on a destination sheet and pulls of data from sheet Master List.

Upvote 0
You are a super star!

I like your better
=IFERROR(INDEX('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60,SMALL(IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 >= 6, IF('Master List'!$G$2:$G$60 < 150,ROW('Master List'!$D$2:$D$60)-ROW('Master List'!$D$2)+1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

Many Thanks

Upvote 0
You are a super star!

I like your better

Many Thanks

You are welcome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swastikExcel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back