Array formulae question

Robert Davidson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I am looking for some help with an array formula. In cells P3 to Y3 I have the following formula which works perfectly:

=LET(yr,SEQUENCE(ModDurn,,StYr),
cost1,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D11*(NPE+NPMY1),0))),0),
cost2,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2+1,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D11*NPMY2,0))),0),
cost3,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2+2,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D11*NPMY3,0))),0),
cost4,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2+3,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D11*NPMY4,0))),0),
sfcost,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D3*SF,0))),0),
dfcost,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D4*DF,0))),0),
ofcost,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D5,0))),0),
HSTACK(cost1+cost2+cost3+cost4+sfcost+dfcost+ofcost))

I am totalling these columns in cell Z3 with this formula which again works perfectly:

=HSTACK(P3#+Q3#+R3#+S3#+T3#+U3#+V3#+W3#+X3#+Y3#)

I would like to change the first formula to introduce another calculation of the same information (adding in dcost1 to dofcost - see below) and summarise that in a new total under NPV total (column AA) similar to the HSTACK above.
1702035498788.png

How do I get the sum of the second section of the first formula (from dcost1 to dofcost) into a new column under NPV total (column AA)?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
You will need to put the 2nd part of the formula as a new formula in col AA.
Also the Hstack functions you are using are not needed.

Upvote 0
You will need to put the 2nd part of the formula as a new formula in col AA.
Also the Hstack functions you are using are not needed.
Yes that would work although the first formula would become very large to accommodate all 20 columns. Perhaps it's not clear from the screenshot but each column from P to Y refers to different columns elsewhere from D to W.

Upvote 0
The first formula needs to remain as you posted (although without the hstack which is not doing anything). The formula in AAA would just be 2nd part of the formula you showed in the image.

Upvote 0
Solution
It also looks as though you could simplify the original formula like
Excel Formula:
=LET(yr,SEQUENCE(ModDurn,,StYr),
cost1,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),(D11*(NPE+NPMY1))+(D3*SF)+(D4*DF)+D5,0))),0),
cost2,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2+1,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D11*NPMY2,0))),0),
cost3,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2+2,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D11*NPMY3,0))),0),
cost4,IFERROR(-BYROW(yr,LAMBDA(y,IF(AND(y=D2+3,OR(y<=D14,D14=0)),D11*NPMY4,0))),0),
cost1+cost2+cost3+cost4)

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
I have found another solution to this problem which does not involve using the second part of the formu:a in the original image above:
1702479898470.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back