Assigning Values to Columns in Excel 2003

sicily726

Hello.

I did a survey in which residents of a public housing project were asked questions about whether or not they wanted educational programs and whether or not they would attend any on-site educational classes were they made available, such as GED classes and computer classes; and, whether or not they would enroll their chidren in an after school program if it were available. The answers they had to choose from were yes, no, maybe and N/A (N/A = not applicable).

So, I created an Excel spreadsheet with their names, phones, unit numbers, and columns entitled "Wants GED," "Wants Computer," "Wants After School," "Attend GED," "Attend Computer," "Enroll After School," etc.

I want to assign a value for these survey answers such that, in each column, 1 = Yes, 2 = No, 3 = Maybe and 4 = N/A. Afterward entering all the data, I want to do a data analysis of these survey answers.

How do I do this? Or, am I going about it all wrong?

Sorry I'm so lame, but the residents of this public housing project are counting on me to produce these numbers to present to the entities they are petitioning to bring these programs to their community!

Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pranjal9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back