Auto add last entered data in same row

Detectiveclem

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi can anyone help with a formula which will allow the last date entered in a row to be captured in the last date entered cell (E.G. Cell A2) And the last Item entered to appear in the last item entered cell (EG Cell B2).

Please see the attached sample with the data shown in green for illustration purposes to show the data I want captured.

So for example at present A4 shows 10/01/2021 and B4 shows Application but if further dates or items are entered in G4 / H4 then A4 and B4 change to show the latest information.

I hope I have explained this sufficiently.

Your genius would be greatly appreciated.

7D4C8C41-C0E6-47BA-A71E-5D90C100CF86_4_5005_c.jpeg

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Xlookup is NOT in 2019, it's only available in 365 if you have all the latest updates.

Upvote 0
then is microsoft lying?

Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that makes sure you always have the most up-to-date modern productivity tools from Microsoft. There are Microsoft 365 plans for home and personal use, as well as for small and midsized businesses, large enterprises, schools, and non-profits.

Microsoft 365 plans for home and personal include the robust Office desktop apps that you’re familiar with, like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. You also get extra online storage and cloud-connected features that let you collaborate on files in real time. With a subscription, you'll always have the latest features, fixes, and security updates along with perennial tech support at no extra cost. You can choose to pay for your subscription on a monthly or yearly basis. The Microsoft 365 Family plan also lets you share your subscription with your family for up to six people, and use your apps on multiple PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones.

Most of the Microsoft 365 plans for business, schools, and non-profits include the fully installed desktop apps, but Microsoft also offers basic plans with the online versions of Office, file storage, and email. You decide what works best for you: Small business, Enterprise, School, or Non-profit.

Office 2019 is sold as a one-time purchase, which means you pay a single, up-front cost to get Office apps for one computer. One-time purchases are available for both PCs and Macs. However, there are no upgrade options, which means if you plan to upgrade to the next major release, you'll have to buy it at full price.

meaning that the newest bought o2019 should have all the functionality of o365.

Upvote 0
meaning that the newest bought o2019 should have all the functionality of o365.
Where does it say that?
No standalone apps get updated, so you only have the functions that were available when it was 1st released.

Upvote 0
See post#20, that will work with 2016.

Upvote 0
@Fluff
to me its stated here:

there are no upgrade options, which means if you plan to upgrade to the next major release, you'll have to buy it at full price.

and by major release, I do understand as new functions, formulas, dynamic arrays, etc.
So if you buy o2019 str8 from their website today it must be exactly like today's o365 subscription.

but when o365 gets a new function of any kind, then to get in o2019 it would be necessary to re-buy o2019, after new functionality release.

Plus I also called their office in Poland and they did confirm it that this way is correct.

Upvote 0
So if you buy o2019 str8 from their website today it must be exactly like today's o365 subscription.
That is not true, 2019 bought today has exactly the same functions as when it 1st came out. The only thing that will change is bug fixes & security patches. Nothing else.
Plus I also called their office in Poland and they did confirm it that this way is correct.
Either they misunderstood you, or they are wrong.

Upvote 0
See post#20, that will work with 2016.
Perfect thank you Fluff, I will try it tomorrow morning and obviously let you and Radoslaw know how I get on. Thank you both very much, your knowledge is astonishing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srooney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back