Auto adjust dates/columns in PQ

bigdataguy

Hello all, I've set up a forecast file in PQ that automatically updates customers, invoices, balances, etc. [all data from the balance column to the left is in PQ]. In the output table, I have dates set up that I manually update [this date range is not in either the extract file or the transform area].

Is there a way to set up the date columns in the transform editor, that will automatically adjust based on the month/dates [column headers, # of days in the month]? I know I can add 31 columns [for Dec], but I have to manually change the headers and account for 30 days vs 31 days, at this point with my limited knowledge. Thanks!

1669914178021.png

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You can arrange the daily data in a single column.

Book1
AB
1DateValue
201/Dec2
302/Dec4
403/Dec3
504/Dec5
Sheet3

Then do whatever filtering you need in PQ, finally Pivot Table by the Date column (Values Column: Value).

1669915038553.png

Result:

Book1
ABCD
1DateValue
201/Dec2
302/Dec4
403/Dec3
504/Dec5
701/12/202202/12/202203/12/202204/12/2022
Sheet3

Upvote 0
The output table I'm using is an actual data table, not a pivot. I'm trying to figure out how to, if possible, do everything within the query editor

Upvote 0
The output table I'm using is an actual data table, not a pivot. I'm trying to figure out how to, if possible, do everything within the query editor
It probably is, but I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Can you show your input and desired output?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back