Auto change properties of a workbook to check it in to sharepoint

blody

Hello,

The basic question is: Is it possible to code file properties, if yes how? what is it that I should be searching for, obviously I am searching for the wrong key words.:confused:

I have gone through all the posts around here and whatever I could find over the web but so far, I was not really succesfull to find a clue that can help me, I do not have a code smth like that since I am not sure if what I am wishing to do is possible. (and yes I am aware of the capabilities of coding but I am a noob)

What I wish to do is; I have these excel file which is prepared to check in to the sharepoint (this part I believe I can figure out if I look deep, I have found some links to help coding) but every excel file has properties which in my case are related to the company spesific things, roles, type of document etc.

I am wondering if its possible to write VBa code in order to automatically fill in these properties from cells. Cells that are filled and static

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Have a look at the BuiltinDocumentProperties property in VBA Help. There is also a CustomDocumentProperties Property.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwindels

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back