Auto Filter defaults in Excel 2007

hayati

Board Regular
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the default in Excecl 2007 so that when you make an auto filter on a column header instead of having everything ticked it showes up as unticked? Similar to how it was in the previous version.

Thanks,
Matt

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the default in Excecl 2007 so that when you make an auto filter on a column header instead of having everything ticked it showes up as unticked? Similar to how it was in the previous version.

Thanks,
Matt

I don't think so, Matt. As I'm sure you know, you just have to untick the "Select All" tickbox at the top of the list and it will untick them all. (I only have XL 2010 in front of me, but I assume this option is available in XL 2007).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Colin,

Thanks, and indeed the unticking off select all works but its just an extra setp that is annoying. its just that we deal with large sheets and use filters to drill down into the specific data we need to look at. It just seems like there should be a way to eliminate that extra step. It didn't do that in the previous version, so you could simply just select the contract number you are looking at without unselecting all of them...

not sure why they decided to change that?

Upvote 0
The more I google this the more I see others asking about the same thing as well, still couldnt find any answers that change the default so Select All isn't selected by default

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back