Auto printing excel worksheet

bromano

I have an Excel (2007) worksheet that I'd like to have printed every morning automatically without having to manually open Excel and print the sheet.

Is there a way to do this?

//Bill

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Here is how I would do it.

1. Use the Macro Recorder to record yourself printing out what you want, and then add one line of code to close the file (ActiveWorkbook.Close).

2. Then, place that code in the Worksheet_Open event procedure in VBA (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Events.aspx), which runs automatically when the file is opened.

3. Use Windows Scheduler to open this file every morning.

Upvote 0
Great! Post back to this thread if you run into any problems that you need help with.

Upvote 0
Hi Joe.........

Many thanks. This seems to be working. The only thing I have run into is the workbook doesn't close because it's waiting for a response to "Do you want to save the changes you made to xyz.xls ?

Can I add a do not ask somehow?

//Bill

Upvote 0
Yes, there is optional argument to the Close statement regarding whether or not you want to save the changes. You can just use:
Code:
ActiveWorkBook.Close False
to not save any changes (or "True" if you do want to).

It seems a little odd, because if you are just opening and printing, there shouldn't be any changes being made during that session. So I am not sure why you would be getting that prompt. In any event, you can handle that as indicated above.

Upvote 0
This may seem like a ver stupid question... but with the macro as it's written... when I open the file it does as instructed and prints the worksheet ...then closes on me. LOL.

Upvote 0
Not stupid at all!
Just hold the Shift key down while you open the file and that will disable that macro from running.

Upvote 0
Joe: seems to work ok. It may have run into a conflict with another macro in this spreadsheet... so I'm working through that.

Question...Obviously I have to save the sheet (Excel 07 version) as a macroenabled version, but I do have some users that don't have E'07. Can I save as XLS and still have the macro work or, should I create a workaround so the file autosaves as an earlier version.?

//b

Upvote 0
I think you may have to save it to the lower version to run it on the other computers.

Save it as an Excel 2003 files (.xls) instead. It might actually be easier to create the file/macro on the "lower" version machine. Just test it out to make sure it works on both.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back