Auto Update Excel Spreedsheet when PDF Digitally Signed

raflymtsu

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am not familiar with VBA and am curious if there's a script that could do the following. I am trying to track multiple PDF documents that are embedded in a single excel spreadsheet. Four different people will need to digitally (certificate) sign each PDF document using a smart card reader. The signers vary from document to document. The signers will have access to the pdf documents but not the excel spreadsheet that the pdfs are embedded into. When a signer opens a pdf and signs it, I want the excel spreadsheet to recognize a signing event occurred and change the cell drop down list value to "yes". See attached spreadsheet example.

Looking at the example, let's say the "rater" (column B) opens "Pilot Shell 1.PDF" and signs it under section IV- "Rater Overall Assessment". When that happens, I'd like the spreadsheet value in B2 to change to "yes", the value in C2 to change to "Pending- Email Sent" and the value in D2 and E2 to change to "No”.

As an added bonus, once someone signs, I'd like an auto generated e-mail sent to the next signer that it's their turn to sign the document. This would be a cool bonus feature but if auto generating an email is too difficult, I can do without it.

I'm not sure if this is something VBA can do or not. I'm sure there is some commercial software out there that can easily do this. Unfortunately, I'm using a military .mil network and I can't add personal software. We have adobe dc and Microsoft office to work with.

Thanks for the help.

OPR Tracker.xlsx
ABCDE
1OPR NamesRater Signed?Additional Rater Signed?Final Reviewer Signed?Individual Signed?
2PILOT SHELL 1YesYesPending- Email SentNo
3PILOT SHELL 2YesPending- Email SentNoNo
4PILOT SHELL 3YesPending- Email SentNoNo
5PILOT SHELL 4NoNoNoNo
Sheet1
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B2:E5List=Sheet2!$A$1:$A$3

Attachments

• PDF Example.jpg
    PDF Example.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot Example.jpg
    Screenshot Example.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back