Autofill

fionalofthouse

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Just wondering if the below is possible. I'm not the best at Excel, so please explain in dummy format haha!

This is for work. For context, I'm creating an overtime sheet which needs to be able to filter the amount of over time and travel time based off the job number.

On image attached, we type in the job number and ref, fill in the date of the overtime/travel time, and the persons name. We then fill in their hourly rate, their overtime rate, then the amount of overtime they've worked, and any travel time. The totals then get figured out by multiplying the OT worked by their OT rate, and travel time worked by their rate.

Basically, what I'm wanting is for when I type a persons name in, the 'Rate' box and 'OT rate' box pre-fill with that persons hourly rate / overtime rate (it's a nightmare trying to remember each persons rate). Is this possible?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-15 112830.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-15 112830.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I am guessing that you have a separate sheet with all the employee name and rates. If so what is the structure of that sheet like? For example what column is the employee name, OT rate, and etc... I would recommend that you use a combination of index and vlookup formula to achieve your goal.

Upvote 0
I am guessing that you have a separate sheet with all the employee name and rates. If so what is the structure of that sheet like? For example what column is the employee name, OT rate, and etc... I would recommend that you use a combination of index and vlookup formula to achieve your goal.
Thank you for your reply.

I have set up a data validation list with rates and OT rates, so I do have a sheet that just has each persons name and then their rate / OT rate. I'm not familiar with vlookup and index, could you help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timber5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back