AutoFilter - Using Selectable Rows

Ralph Wiggum

(first time poster, long time reader)

Greetings,

There's probably a ridiculously simple answer to this but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere.

If I create a pivot table, I'm able to click the arrow to the right on my row header, unselect "Show All" and then manually check boxes next to the rows I want to show. The pivot table then shows only the rows I'm interested in.

I can't figure out how to do this with filtering outside of the pivot table. I can select AutoFilter and then select "All", "Top 10" or individual rows, but I don't have the option to use a checkbox style selection to choose multiple, but not all, rows.

How can I set this up to have checkboxes associated with the AutoFilter dropdown so I can pick and choose which rows show?

thanks.

Did you look at the link I posted?
It shows you exactly how to do what you are asking.

Sorry, I must be missing something because that link doesn't show what I'm after, i.e. an autofilter with the ability to check multiple selections from the filter dropdown rather than just a single value or all or Top 10.

This is what I'm after:

Spreadsheet is set up with columns A/B/C

Jones/Red/Turtle
Smith/Green/Dog
Thomas/Yellow/Cat
Doe/Green/Turtle
etc..

I need to filter column A (the name) so that I can click a checkbox next to the rows Jones and Thomas, and thus not show the Smith and Doe rows. The same type of multiple selection checkbox filter that a pivot table has.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back