Automatcially combining reports.

mkingrey

Hello,

I have a particular task that I would like to accomplish and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions/advice. I have 10-15 very basic excel files (2-4 columns of data) that I have to combine into on large report on a weekly basis. Currently I cut and paste the reports into my main report but I would like to write a program that can combine many sub-reports into 1 main report and formats the information in its repspective manner. I thought about using COBOL to input the files, format them, and them output them to the proper places in the main report, but I'm sure there is something better.

i'm not looking for any reponses in great detail, but if someone has any better suggestions that might could point me in the right direction that would be a great help!

Thanks,

Matt

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Help

Are the spreadsheets in the same workbook? If so add an additional spreadsheet with all the formatting the way you want the report on the first page (top left of sheet) add either set it up so the cells in the actual report do any calculations or do them off to the side and link them to the report. If the sheets are in separate workbooks can they be combined into one?

Upvote 0
Yes they are in different workbooks. I would like to write a program that opens several specified workbooks, reads the columns into variables, then processes and outputs the variables into a concatenated and formated single file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back