Automate from cells to put in another cell

monkeyharris

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
Thread heading is the best way i could think to describe what i need. I have a report from our system which shows me the racking location of all products. I also have another workbook that shows racking locations.
How do i create something to automate looking in workbook1 for the location, and putting the code from that table (columnA) it into corresponding location in the warehouse map.
Using the top line as an example, the location is K0302 (column D), i need the code in Column A to appear in the second table above where it says K0302.

THIS IS THE DOWNLOADED REPORT SHOWING PRODUCTS AND THE LOCATION
1698910574159.png

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE WAREHOUSE MAP
1698910685451.png

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I see you have reserved 5 rows for each location. What if a 6th code needs to go to that location?

Upvote 0
I see you have reserved 5 rows for each location. What if a 6th code needs to go to that location?
Hi, The warehouse map locations will be static and don't change. I have noticed though that we could have 2 difference products in one location. Now i will create the map to show K0201a, K0201, K0201b.
1698913450743.png

This means i can amend locations in the system so the report shows 1 product, 1 location.

Upvote 0
Hi, The warehouse map locations will be static and don't change. I have noticed though that we could have 2 difference products in one location. Now i will create the map to show K0201a, K0201, K0201b.
View attachment 101380
This means i can amend locations in the system so the report shows 1 product, 1 location.
I meant:
1698913578773.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back