Automated Data Cleanup

Giraffe189

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Im not sure how to even begin with this. I work for a client that runs a seasonal eccomerce site. He needs the data to be cleaned up before he uses it for access.

The eccomerce site gives you the order spreadsheet in excel format. In the spreadsheet it has all the customer information, all the payment information, and all the product information on one sheet. We do alot of batch orders and the spreadsheet from the ecommerce site is structured so a new row per product although it all gets an order ID so if a customer bulk buys then all the rows get the same order ID.

He wants it all to be seperated into 4 spread sheets:
'Customer' - All the customer details ie name address email and a Customer ID
'Order' - All the order information ie payment, deposit, shipping and an Order ID
'Product' - All the product information ie weight, category, special features and a Product ID
'Compiled' - A Full ID that creates a relationship between the 3 other IDs

Is there an automation process I can use that will compile the data from the initial single spreadsheet into 4 new sheets? If so where can I learn the process of coding it?

Its either automate or do it by hand so learning how to code it will genuinely be quicker and less risk of HE.
I hope this makes sense, if not please tell me where I need to be clearer and I shall do my best.

Many thanks,
G

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back