Automated Generated Dialog Box or Notification in excel

JERRY21

Hi ,

I do have a problem on key in a group of vendor invoices in excel to be uploaded to my accounting database where in my excel i do have a table consist of a group of vendor name with a unique code to represent the vendor.For example in excel when i key in a short form name XYZ in columm E2 it will automated come out the vendor code in columm F2 by using vlookup formula (=VLOOKUP(E2,$P:$Q,2,0)),the problem is that i wan a dialog box to appear or any kind of notification can appear in my excel to show me the full name of XYZ that is XYZ Private Ltd so it can be a cross check reference for me to see whether the vendor i entered is same with invoices. As an example of data i have in the Vlookup table is Columm O is the vendor full name, Columm P is the vendor short form name for me do linkage and Columm Q is the vendor code.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Not exactly what you're looking for, but it may help. It assumes that the data in cols O:Q starts in row 1 and there are no gaps. Whenever you change cell, it checks the value of the cell, and if its in the list of short form names, it returns the full name in a message box:
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
myRow = 1
Do
    If Range("P" & myRow).Value = "" Then Exit Do
    If Range("P" & myRow).Value = ActiveCell.Value Then MsgBox (Range("O" & myRow).Value)
    myRow = myRow + 1
Loop
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sameri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back