Automatically change workbook links

simonc833

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I'm very new to using Excel so if any of this is obvious please excuse me! So each week I get sent a spreadsheet to fill out,basically it's a breakdown of all the hours my department spent on each task by person each week and some other bits,I get all this information off another sheet in another format and I worked out some simple stuff to link the 2 no problem,however,these sheets get changed every week so each week I would have to highlight all the formulas etc I have put in and then change the workbook link and it changes all the formulas,is there any way to make it change it automatically?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Since you mentioned it as "the workbook link", I think you are getting the information from the external workbook. If this is the case, I would rename the new weekly workbook with the referred workbook name in the functions and overwrite the previous weekly workbook. This way, all the functions will refer to the same file but with the new weekly data.

If this is not the case, then could you please explain a little bit more so we can see the current design clearly and suggest accordingly?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back