Automatically copy from one sheet to a different sheet based on certain word

NickJames

Hello,

I am new to this community but from what I have seen you seem to be a bunch of helpful folks. I hope that you will be able to help point me in the right direction.

Right now I have a spread sheet that I use in meetings. On this workbook are a number of different sheets for different parts of the meeting. On one of these sheets we have a list of projects and in separate columns we have their description, date started, current status, etc. On another sheet, titled 2-week plan, is where we put items if their current status reads "2 week action plan". Here is a sample of the first sheet:
ProjectCategoryEngineerResponsibleDateSubmittedCurrentStatusDaysLeftReviewDate
Project1EngineeringPhaseSmith11/1/14Pending5001/1/15
Project2ImplementSmith21/1/142 Week_action_plan5001/1/15

If under the "CurrentStatus" column it reads "2_Week_action_plan" I want to copy and paste certain information into another sheet, "2-Wk_Plan". There may be old action items already in that sheet and I don't want them to be deleted. Instead I would just like these to be copy and pasted at the end of the list. There are also cells that need to be manually filled out. I don't know if this is best accomplished with a message box and user input or if it would just be better to go to the sheet and type it into the cell(s). Here is what the next sheet looks like:
DueDateProjectBPLAN_Item (Y/N)?EngineerResponsibleSpecificActionCondition of SatisfactionComplete(Y/N)?Constraint
3/24/15OldProject1YSmith8CureCancerCuredNMoney
7/20/15Project2YSmith2NextStepNProjectDoneYMoney

I bolded the things that would be copy and pasted and italicized the items that would need to be manually put in for each project.

Ideally I would like this to be running constantly so that right when "2_Week_action_plan" is selected on that first sheet, the bolded items are copied and pasted and either a messagebox pops up prompting the user to input the italicized portions or the next sheet is made the active sheet and the user just manually clicks on each cell and inputs the information required.

If it is not possible to be running all the time then I assume it would be possible to create a macro and attach it to a button that would then perform the tasks?

Thanks for any you all can give me. I think I know just enough about excel to get myself into trouble.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back