PCloadletter

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

In Excel 2016, Is there a way to automatically delete a blank row after you cut and paste data to another worksheet?

My situation is this :

In our workbook we have one tab of data of active persons. Another tab is for cancellations.

When someone cancels out, we cut and paste from the active tab to the cancelled tab

If there are multiple cancellations, it leaves behind multiple blank rows which is tedious to go back to remove and sometimes is not done.

Can the blank row be automatically “moved up”?

Thank you.

is there a way to do a similar thing but copy multiple specific cells? for instance, let's say i wanted rw1, to copy only cell, b, c, d and H, and past to another sheet? because i can only see how to do ranges as opposed to individual cells.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
is there a way to do a similar thing but copy multiple specific cells? for instance, let's say i wanted rw1, to copy only cell, b, c, d and H, and past to another sheet? because i can only see how to do ranges as opposed to individual cells.
How many columns are there in total?
Are you wanting to copy it to the same column references on the new sheet (copy b to b, c to c, etc)?
Are you then wanting to delete the WHOLE row from the original range (like in the original question) after the copy?

Upvote 0
Sheet one has 17 columns through to Q.
Sheet two has 20 columns through to T

not exactly:

Sheet 1 (Sainsbury's) i want to copy just B, C, D, F, H, J, K, M
Paste into Sheet 2 ( All Orders)
- B is pasted into D
- C is pasted into E
- D is pasted into G
- H is pasted into F
- F is pasted into J
- J is pasted into I
- K is pasted into L
- M is pasted into P

i dont want to delete them from the source sheet. just copy.
i also have formulas in sheet two which i dont want the paste to overwrite. i want the past to work with the formulas so the formulas continue to do their job in sheet 2.

i hope that makes sense. confused me writing it.

images below.

sheet 2.PNG
Sheet 1.PNG

Upvote 0
OK, this question is significantly different than the original question that was asked in this thread.

The general rule of thumb is that you should only post to old threads that aren't yours if your question is pretty much exactly the same as the original question, or if you are just looking for clarification on one of the replies made in the thread.

Otherwise, it is almost always better to post your question to a brand new thread, so that it shows up on the "Unanswered threads" listing that most people use to look for new unanswered questions that need assistance. It will get more "looks" that way, and stand a better chance of getting a solution.

So I recommend posting your question to its own, new thread. You can post a links back to any posts if you think it would be helpful to the person looking at answering the question.

Upvote 0
my bad. thanks for your help.
No worries. I see that you are fairly new here, so just trying to give you some tips to maximize your chances of getting your issue solved.

Upvote 0
Btw. Did you have any ideas. No one seems to have replied to my new thread

Upvote 0
I would have to play around with it, but it definitely would be a bit more complicated and take more time to do, and I don't have that kind of time at the moment.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back