Automatically getting co-ordinates for datasheet.

Kenny27

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project in which I'm supposed to get co-ordinates according to addresses which I'm already given. The way it works is basically taking the street's name from the datasheet, for example: "Ukrainskiy, Moscow, Russia" and putting it into this site: Google Map - GPS coordinates, lat and long. Now, if you put the address which I mentioned above into Excel you'll get several parameters:

1. The street name in google's database. In this case: "Ukrainskiy b-r, Moskva, Russia"
2. The Latitude. In this case: 55.749057
3. The Longitude. In this case: 37.565371

I basically want to automate this process using VDA, if possible. Instead of doing this hundreds of times I'd rather have a script doing it for me. The process is basically: Get street name from Excel file -> Search the name on Google Map - GPS coordinates, lat and long -> Place the Latitude in a new Column -> Place the Longitude in a new Column.

Now, here's where it becomes tricky, well, at-least for me:

1. Google does not always find the street I type into it - which is okay! Although, this basically means that I want a VDA that checks if at-least 70 percent of the address in my excel file is present in the address which google gives me back. If it isn't then I simply leave the latitude and longitude in that row blank and move on.

2. While the address is static, I constantly have to search for new things on the GPS site, so basically I need something which sends data from Excel to the site and then takes back the new data from the site and puts it in Excel. I believe there's a way to somehow get the site to change if it helps - you need to throw it into google maps I believe - both coordinates will be part of the address in the new site in the following format: @55.749057,37.565371,
Basically, the latitude is located between the @ and the first coma and the longitude is located between the first and second comas. Again, I don't know if it helps but I hope it does, here's the whole link: " https://www.google.co.il/maps/place/Ukrainskiy+b-r,+Moskva,+רוסיה‭/@55.7490603,37.5675597,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x46b54bc8cc64ba3f:0x396790d84f12279b!8m2!3d55.7490573!4d37.565371
3. "

Basically, what I want to know is how possible it is to write a VDA which makes this happen and well, if it is then how do I do it.

Thanks in advance,

Random Ministry of Health official who works a 9 to 5 job

<body id="************" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">

Ukrainskiy b-r, Moskva, Russia

Ukrainskiy b-r, Moskva, RussiaUkrainskiy b-r, Moskva, RussiaUkrainskiy b-r, Moskva, RussiaUkrainskiy b-r, Moskva, RussiaUkrainskiy b-r, Moskva, RussiaUkrainskiy b-r, Moskva, Russia</body>

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back