Automatically inserting macro into new sheets

snowboy001

Board Regular
I am working on a sheet that has code put in each worksheet for change tracking. This is something that many other people are going to be using, and I would really like to make it as "idiot-proof" as possible. Is there any way that each time a new sheet is inserted, the code for the worksheets is automatically entered? It is the same code for each sheet, so there is no worry about changes to any of the format.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

harshab6

hi,
Once we write a macro for the workbook i automatically works for inserted sheet and also the new workbook saved opened after opening a workbook contaning macro.press ALT F8 when box opens containing macro select a particular macro. below there is macro-in with scroll downs select open all workbooks save close and reopen the sheet containing macro.

hope this helps
regards
harsha

snowboy001

Board Regular
Not quite. I need the code from "Sheet1" to be pasted into the code for each new sheet that is added to the workbook automatically, that way no one has to go in and make changes to the macro coding.

snowboy001

Board Regular
Figured it out. I just wrote in code to copy the sheet, rename it, clear the contents and move it to the end.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willm57

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...