Automatically sorting from an updating list to a blank area.

Perfectionist

I have 3 pages on my spreadsheet and info from sheet 1 and 2 is being transferred to sheet 3 (final printing). This is for a Billiard League that I input weekly numbers. Once new numbers are entered, my spreadsheet will update the total figures.
I have 2 problems:

1. trying to incorporate weeks played into a win %. As far as the weeks played, I've set up the spreadsheet to countIF there are figures entered in a slot, then it counts as 1 week played.

2. (My main issue) - On my "final" sheet or 3rd sheet, I have a list that pulls from sheet 1 which is the Teams. Also, in that list, I have win %, team wins and losses that pulls from sheet 2. I need to have that list automatically sorting to best win% and then I need that finalizing list to report to the adjacent list on the same page for printing..

I will gladly send this template to you if you need to see what I am talking about.. I am a general excel user who knows how to sort and insert cells and other general functions but not too experienced when it comes to formulas.

There is a video (youtube) link that I followed to the "t" but there seems to be an issue where, when I click to have the updated info paste'd to a cell, it works perfect for the 1st rank, but after that it just copies the same rank all the way down, instead of grabbing the other names and sorting them.

And like I said, this is a constant updating spreadsheet that all I want to do is enter in the weekly game scores and have the entire spreadsheet update.

Thank you for your time and patience, any help or even a link will greatly be appreciated! :)

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
you can use RANK and COUNTIF to get a unique rank for the %WIN, on the the 3rd sheet you can lookup this RANK using INDEX and MATCH to return the data automatically in a league table which needs nothing more done to it.

That said, if you have not cracked it, I will PM you with my email address so you can send what you have and I will see what I can do

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back