Autorefresh Pivot table

gazmoz17

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have followed this great article/video however I am getting an error. https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/auto-refresh-pivottables Point 6 of article at the bottom.

I'm guessing is the error because this VBA code will only work on workbooks with 1 source and all pivot tables poinitng to said data source "YE 20 onwards". Rather than my workbook with multiple data sources and linked pivot tables?

1666786099403.png

1666786052690.png

1666786130806.png

Is there an alternate code please that will refresh all pivot tables

Many Thanks
Gareth

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Your kidding haha 😂 Im relatively new to vba and first time using it in context of pivot tables.

The above was just what I stumbled across.

Where in the VBA editor do I put the code please?

Upvote 0
Where in the VBA editor do I put the code please?
Unfortunately that depends on when you want the refresh to run.
If you had all your data on one sheet you could trigger put it in the Worksheets code module and run it using Worksheet_Deactivate as in your example.
But you are saying you have multiple sheets that have data. If you have all your pivots on 1 sheet you could run it in that worksheets module using Worksheet_Activate.

If both data and pivots are on multiple pages then you need to either run it much more often eg in the ThisWorkbook code module using the Workbook_SheetDeactivate (or Workbook_SheetActivate) OR have a button that the user needs to press.

Note: If you are using Power Query to Populate a table which in turn populates a Pivot table you will need to turn off the Background Refresh for the queries that do that (or for all queries in that workbook.)
Disable Background Refresh on All Power Query Connections - VBA

Upvote 0
Hi Alex,

Thanks for that really appreciate your time. Will definitely come back to you with some questions after Ive digested the options and also the best way of achieving what I want to achieve 🤣. On dreaded work stock check at the moment but as soon as Im free I want to drill down on this. Thanks the extra detail I came across your last point “Disable Background Refresh” yesterday on youtube, so that part makes sense to me.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back