Pivot table - refresh all - error 'reference isn't valid' - find the route pivot table causing the issue

fizzyapple50

Hello!

I have a spreadsheet with multiple pivot tables across a few tabs talking to a single table source within the same spreadsheet.

When I select refresh all i receive the following error message 'reference isn't valid'

I have then gone through and individually refreshed each pivot table and there have been zero error messages.

I am unsure how to find the route cause of this error message to fix it.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this are very welcome!

Thank you

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Its probably because your source sheet is changing size upon refresh and the pivot tables are pointing to a fixed range of cells that aren't including the new cells upon the refresh. Easiest way is to turn your source table into an excel Table (select the data, hitting CTRL+T, selecting my table has headers), the pivot table will then automatically take into account any new rows when you refresh your source table

Upvote 0
When I select refresh all i receive the following error message 'reference isn't valid'

I have then gone through and individually refreshed each pivot table and there have been zero error messages.
Do you have any hidden sheets that might have an old Pivot table on it ? If so try refreshing them indivdually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back