Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hey Mr. Excel Boards,

So, the short question is that, is there any way to display/add the refresh date to an online pivot table?

Long question:
I / my boss has built a PowerAutomate (cloud) flow that iterates over a bunch of excel documents in sharepoint, then runs an office script in each one to find if a specific pivot table exists (I've even gotten it to pull a specific cell from a pivot table). Problem is, the next step is to pull the most recent refresh date of that pivot table. I know it's super easy in excel desktop with the .RefreshDate command in a macro, but these are in excel online, and I can't really have the flow run each one in excel desktop and run a macro (unless there's an easier way to do this that isn't downloading each excel doc...). But, it seems like all the pivotTable metadata isn't easy to find in Excel Online, and there isn't an Office Script command like .RefreshDate.

So, is there any way to display the most recent refresh date in a pivot table? If I can add a "Today" field to where the pivot table is refreshed from, can I pull that as a value into the pivottable on refresh, then get my script to grab that value? I'm relatively new to pivot tables especially with external refreshing, so anything would be appreciated.

Best,

Thomas

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back