Averaging Issues

SFCChase

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a large workbook that calculates scores based off referencing a hidden tab (so every cell has a =IF formula that references the hidden tab). I'm trying to get a numerical average of those cells that return numbers but everything I've tried counts the IF Formula into the equation and I end up with a really small or really large number (300 cells being counted when i really only want average of 25).
CUMULATIVE PASS RATE
=IF('DATA SHEET'!A2:A302="","",IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B2="",'DATA SHEET'!C2=""),"",IF('DATA SHEET'!B2>=76,'DATA SHEET'!B2,IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B2="",'DATA SHEET'!C2>=76),'DATA SHEET'!C2,'DATA SHEET'!B2))))
=IF('DATA SHEET'!A2:A302="","",IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B3="",'DATA SHEET'!C3=""),"",IF('DATA SHEET'!B3>=76,'DATA SHEET'!B3,IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B3="",'DATA SHEET'!C3>=76),'DATA SHEET'!C3,'DATA SHEET'!B3))))
=IF('DATA SHEET'!A2:A302="","",IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B4="",'DATA SHEET'!C4=""),"",IF('DATA SHEET'!B4>=76,'DATA SHEET'!B4,IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B4="",'DATA SHEET'!C4>=76),'DATA SHEET'!C4,'DATA SHEET'!B4))))
=IF('DATA SHEET'!A2:A302="","",IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B5="",'DATA SHEET'!C5=""),"",IF('DATA SHEET'!B5>=76,'DATA SHEET'!B5,IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B5="",'DATA SHEET'!C5>=76),'DATA SHEET'!C5,'DATA SHEET'!B5))))
=IF('DATA SHEET'!A2:A302="","",IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B6="",'DATA SHEET'!C6=""),"",IF('DATA SHEET'!B6>=76,'DATA SHEET'!B6,IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B6="",'DATA SHEET'!C6>=76),'DATA SHEET'!C6,'DATA SHEET'!B6))))
=IF('DATA SHEET'!A2:A302="","",IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B7="",'DATA SHEET'!C7=""),"",IF('DATA SHEET'!B7>=76,'DATA SHEET'!B7,IF(AND('DATA SHEET'!B7="",'DATA SHEET'!C7>=76),'DATA SHEET'!C7,'DATA SHEET'!B7))))
I would like cell A1 (Cumulative Pass Rate) to average the scores that are transposed into the cells (A2:A7 above). I've tried AVERAGE(A2:A7) but I get a #N/A error. I tried AVERAGEIF but it keeps giving me exceedingly high or low results (not a % out of 100...it's almost always resulting 0.05% or 5000%). I'm not big on AGGREGATE so I'm not sure if it would work or not.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Not certain what you are trying, but the part of the formula: DATA SHEET'!A2:A302="" may be giving you a probem. It will only evaluate cell A2="" as TRUE or FALSE.
If this is what you want, you could probably use =Sum(A2:A7)/6.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back