Barcode scanning and excel sheets

basooners11

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
So I have a question if there is a way to set up my scanner to do something. I work in agriculture and we make selections to grow the next year. The selections are added to an excel sheet- which we usually would comb through while checking all the small bags of seed for corresponding plot numbers and all. If we have a barcode already printed on the bags, is it possible to just scan bags and know instantly if it is on the selections sheet via noise instead of a control +F or macro being used to include something like "match".

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Sure it's possible and very likely. I've dealt with a few different pieces of hardware, basic scanners, and they were pretty easy to deal with. Off the top of my head, I would throw a text box on your worksheet or in a userform and have the scanner's data directed there, capturing the text in the change event and then performing a search on your existing data. You could then raise some sort of notification if a match is found or command some other action if there is no match.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back