Basic Query Woes

PhoenixMo

Hello. I'd like to make a query using information from two tables. I understand this is probably quite basic, but I'm still having trouble. The "Help" feature seemed to answer my question is esoteric language that isn't quite sinking in :confused:

Can somebody please give me the steps to accomplish my task?

I'll be forever grateful! Help!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
OK... first off, you have to provide additional information in order to get the best of help from others. Without that added information, you will find people tend to avoid or give vague responses.

That said.

I assume your two tables are in the same Access database. I also assume that they are linked to each other in some way.

Create a new query, select the two tables you want to pull data from and then double-click on the fields you want to display. Once you have all the fields listed that you want in your query, click on the icon with the red ! (tool bar).

That's the basics... there's more to it, but without that additional information... I don't know if I'm providing too much or not enough.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back