Best way to count coloured cells in rows and put data in table on another sheet?

RHUL

Hello all,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I’m looking for some advice, suggestions or examples on how to proceed with this problem.<o:p></o:p>
I need a column on a sheet to display the number of cells whose values in the source row exceed a value in Column B of that row on another sheet.<o:p></o:p>
My previous post (http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321207) dealt with 'highlighting' these values, now I would like to have these coloured cells counted for each row and the result displayed in a table on another sheet.<o:p></o:p>
I have multiple sheets where the only differences are the row values in Column B (and therefore the coloured cells vary). <o:p></o:p>
Each of these sheets would have its own column in the ‘Totals’ table/sheet.<o:p></o:p>
My spreadsheet has a 'front page' with all the navigation buttons on, the only button on the other sheets takes you back to the ‘front page’. This means there is only one button taking you to the ‘Totals’ sheet.<o:p></o:p>
The way I see it, I have two options:<o:p></o:p>
Option 1:<o:p></o:p>
Count all highlighted cells in row on sheet using a formula in the relevant column in the ‘Totals’ sheet, which is linked to a function.<o:p></o:p>
Pros and Cons: Won’t automatically update when source numbers change, but should be faster? Easier to incorporate multiple source sheets (by changing the cell formula in totals column).<o:p></o:p>
Option 2:<o:p></o:p>
Write a macro to count cells in rows which are greater than or equal to and paste result into relevant row in table when navigating to the ‘Totals’ sheet using a button.<o:p></o:p>
Pros and Cons: Should auto-update (on button click) when source numbers change, but may be slow? Complex macro required to handle multiple source sheets?
I’m erring towards Option 2 at the moment (as it relies on the source data rather than the formatting), but bear in mind that I have 3-6 sheets which contain the highlighted cells so don’t really want 3-6 different macros, which are all essentially doing the same thing…!<o:p></o:p>
Any help (no matter how small) is appreciated!<o:p></o:p>
Thanks,

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gunars

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back