blank date fields - nulls

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
how do i get rid of null where my source date data is blank? i am copying a table from excel to Power Bi and some date cells are blank. i want them to stay that way in Power Bi.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
i am converting an excel model to power bi. one of the tabs is a a reference sheet for the rest of the file. where the cells on this sheet are blank, power bi displays null. Blanks in other imported tables do not.

Upvote 0
not important in the great scheme of things. just curious why importing two different tabs from the same workbook would result in different treatment of blank cells. in one, the blanks have come through as blanks, in the other, they have come through as nulls. i originally thought it was only the date field but that is incorrect; its any field with blank cells in the original file. Like i said though, i can live with it .....for now...

Cheers

Upvote 0
IDK. You seem to be referring to what you see when you process the data. What I am saying is I don't think you will see any difference when you consume the data in a report.

Upvote 0
IDK. You seem to be referring to what you see when you process the data. What I am saying is I don't think you will see any difference when you consume the data in a report.
agree. and, yes, was referring to the processing of the data. i was curious why it occurs when importing one tab but doesn't for another tab.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back