New to Power BI

MariahCab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My boss is wanting Power BI to track patient referrals, admissions, non admissions and the length of stay on the admissions from all of our referral sources to be able to track which referral source is the most lucrative to our business both overall and by month.

I have getting the data from an excel sheet into Power BI down as well as creating graphs and reports, but I am STRUGGLING with the creation of a spreadsheet that Power BI likes to house all of that data or how to enter it directly into Power BI correctly to get the data.

Currently have a workbook with 4 separate sheets, 1 to track all referrals, 1 to track active patients length of stay, 1 to track discharged patients length of stay, and 1 that I am trying to work in that pulls the info about referrals by source and month to get the conversion of # of referrals to admissions.

I wasn't sure if this should go into Power Tools or the Excel forum so sorry if I am incorrect in posting here!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Hi. Don't enter anything manually. Have you tried connecting the workbook? I store my data on multiple sheets (csv format for some reason is faster with PBI) then connect them together and choose all sheets. Based on what you mentioned not all 4 datasets need to be connected? Does it have HARs? If you have at an encounter level, you could just create a relationship. I wouldn't use MRN because of readmissions.

Upvote 0
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond!
I connected the workbook and chose all the sheets to upload and tried to pull the data in to get the information he is wanting with absolutely no luck.
I have found a few training videos to watch to hopefully help!

Upvote 0
You have it in Excel but how is it getting into Excel? Best is to import it directly into power bi

Upvote 0
You have it in Excel but how is it getting into Excel? Best is to import it directly into power bi
I manually enter all information into a excel workbook right now as we get referrals and admissions.
I'm importing it directly into power bi but I think the problem is me not knowing the program well enough to generate the reports we are wanting to view/ have

I've found some training videos to watch so I'm slowly working down that list trying to learn everything

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back