BLANK PAGES-I don't want to print em-macro needed?

DIGBY67

SCENERIO:
I've created a one worksheet document that has 5 pages, one below the next (I used page breaks).
At the bottom of each page is a cell that holds an "if/and" argument designed to display a blank ("") in that cell if there is no other data on that particular page (the entire page will be blank).
The worksheet also contains a macro that turns the "fixed decimal" option on/off when the sheet opens/closes, so decimals are automatically entered (258 displays 2.58).
Everything works like a champ, but...

PROBLEM:
When I click the printer icon, the printer prints all 5 pages, even the ones left blank.
The users won't be able to use any kind of print set up...they'll just click the "print" icon.

I WANT:
I want the printer to ignore the blank pages.
I don't want to do anything but click the "print" icon.
Any macro has to turn itself on and off when the sheet opens and closes so it won't affect other excel documents.

An answer will bring together this little project that I designed to shave about 20 minutes of grunt work off of my coworker's day.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Digby67

Hello all,

I have a very similar issue as DIGBY67, difference being I'm using a schedule form with 59 rows and 7 columns. I need the macro to look at Column B and the second row of each page to decide if it needs to be printed. I think the macro that tactps put up will work with modifications but I cant seem to get it print past the first page. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.:)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristinh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back