Bring in information from consecutive rows to every 6th row

ozbeachbum

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I am looking for a formula that I can copy down from '[01 REGISTER holding co.xlsx]check'!$ES70 to bring the information from consecutive rows in '[19 REGISTER app data.xlsx]App - Web Site Data'!$F70.
Column ES only has blank spaces between every 6th row.
EG;
'[19 REGISTER app data.xlsx]App - Web Site Data'!$F70 into '[01 REGISTER holding co.xlsx]check'!$ES70
'[19 REGISTER app data.xlsx]App - Web Site Data'!$F71 into '[01 REGISTER holding co.xlsx]check'!$ES76
'[19 REGISTER app data.xlsx]App - Web Site Data'!$F72 into '[01 REGISTER holding co.xlsx]check'!$ES82
and so on.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Dave.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
If you are simply trying to get rid of the blank rows, why not just use the new Filter function (not to be confused with the old interactive Filters and Advanced Filters) to bring the data over?
Just tell it to filter out the rows what are blank (i.e. <>"")

See here more more details on the new Filter function: FILTER function - Microsoft Support

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply.
I went to the link you sent and watched the video, I also did some more research, but still can't come up with a solution.
From everything I watched and read, it seems as though it would work if I was doing the reverse of what I need.
To simplify I have just used the NUMBER of the WORKBOOK and Range, rather then the full title, I am sure that you will get the gist.
19 has data on consecutive rows 70:113
01 requires the data from 19 to go on non consecutive rows (5 blank rows between) every 6th row 70:328.
If you are able to provide me a little more advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I know it is old, but if you still need help with this, put this formula in ES70 of '[01 REGISTER holding co.xlsx]check' and drag down.

Excel Formula:
=LET(r,ROWS(ES$70:ES70),IF(MOD(r,6)=1,INDEX('[19 REGISTER app data.xlsx]App - Web Site Data'!F$70:F$113,INT(r/6)+1),""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrob72684

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back